Monday, June 6, 2011

From Adam - Progress on the Sun Temple

I meant to post this on Friday, but here's how far I got modeling the Sun Temple by Friday evening:


The colors are just so I can tell how elevated a section is from a top view. Interpreting Uhle's drawings of the sides can be difficult at times since there are so many overlapping walls, but I'm making steady progress.

3:11 Update:


5:00 Update:


It doesn't fit on the terrain perfectly, so I'll have to add in finer terrain detail once I totally finish the temple.


5 comments:

  1. This is awesome! I'm amazed at how quickly you're moving along! Eventually, how much detail will the buildings have? Also, what will be next on the list? I'm thinking a ramped pyramid should be pushed to the top since there are so many of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks good so far. Is the inside being modeled at the same time, or will you have to fill in any inner walls later? I would also suggest some sort of texture map on the terrain as an intermediate solution to the terrain's lack of detail.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The only interior spaces I've modeled are the ones that look like unroofed walls; I'm adding roofs to them currently. I don't think there's actually all that much interior space in the rest of the construction... I think most of the big blocks are just support structures. Of course, I'll talk with Clark to be sure, but this is what the maps indicate to me.

    What I meant by "finer terrain detail" was just adjusting the current terrain mesh so it fits better with the temple. I don't think I need to actually increase the number of vertices in the mesh.

    ReplyDelete